The RAL colour standard for plastics
- Plastics colour sample format: 105 × 148 × 3 mm
- Material: polypropylene
- Three sample thicknesses show the colour fully opaque and in various opacity levels:
3 mm, 2 mm and 1 mm
- Three different surfaces allow you to interpret the colour in relation to roughness: high gloss polished,
VDI 24, VDI 42
- Includes reflectance curve, absolute values and the divergence from the RAL PLASTICS
- Protective sleeve for every plastics colour sample
- RAL PLASTICS is a new colour standard especially for plastics, created in response to widespread demand from the plastics-processing industry.
100 colours from the RAL CLASSIC collection were translated into a dedicated RAL plastics standard using a sophisticated technical process – these being the 100 colours that people most often request.
Plastics processors will benefit from RAL PLASTICS because the new, binding plastics standard eliminates the need to reproduce RAL paint sample colours in plastic, formerly a time-consuming and expensive procedure.
The RAL PLASTICS colour samples are multifunctional and offer many benefits in practice. Three different surface textures and three different material thicknesses give users a realistic impression of how the colours will look when used with different material applications.
Polypropylene was intentionally chosen for RAL PLASTICS. It is a mass-produced plastic that is used in many finished products because of its balanced properties and excellent value for money. In addition to its technical characteristics, this plastic is easy to use for a wide variety of manufacturing procedures, and is also compatible with numerous dyes.
* All prices are exclusive of VAT, packing and delivery charges.